Well, this is the last day of Thanksgiving Weekend, thank Asgard. I think that it’s necessary to state that this time of year sends me into a depression that I can’t seem to pull myself out of. It happens every year. November is the Month that everything sucks and I really dislike that it seems to have to be that way.
There’s not much I can do about it but think positively, and you know Telea; always positive thinker extraordinaire! So, let’s get to it, shall we?
Yesterday I posted a long status on my personal Facebook page discussing why 3 am was for the lonely. And it’s true. 3 am is dismal and dark and my very least favorite hour in the 24 hour day. So last night, I decided not to deal with that 3 am bullshit.
Being out of sleeping pills, I only had a couple of options to make 3 am suck less.
1. I could have hit myself over the head with a hammer in order to knock myself out for the rest of the night.
2. I could have phoned a rather sketchy friend and done rather sketchy things with said sketchy friend.
3. I could have stolen a car and driven somewhere that seemed nice and warm and safe and happy (providing that I was comfortable with going to jail for GTA and operating without a license).
4. I could have eaten all of the ice cream in the freezer and then moved on to just eating brown sugar straight out of the container until my stomach was so filled with sweets that it rolled over and died.
5. I could have made pancakes (and I did).
So we’re talking about comfort foods, because fuck talking about what I did yesterday, which was basically lay around and feel sorry for myself…oh, and I went to a little festival thing.
Not important. What’s important is Mac and Cheese. What’s important is Spaghetti with Meatballs. What’s really important is Tamales. No, really, if you see me crying my eyes out or throwing shit or just generally looking like the kind of person that would hijack a plane and repeat a two towers-like scene, just give me a goddamn pork tamale.
It works wonders. Within moments of taking a bite, a smile the size of the Eiffel Tower will cross my face, and the real Eiffel Tower will be safe from maniacs like me. Or at least one maniac like me, which is, in fact…me.
How bad would it be if I took down the Eiffel Tower? I mean, not even the Nazis decided to destroy Paris. What kind of person would that make me? Crazy.
I also have a weakness for Chicken Noodle Soup. Not from-the-can slime, but real, honest, home-made delicious soup. That’s really all I want to eat right now, but my 3 am pancake binge has my stomach rolling over like it’s a submissive dog with Lyme’s Disease. The Lyme’s because I don’t feel well, obviously.
Sadly for me, we don’t have the necessary ingredients or the time for any of my comfort foods, so we will apparently be eating Thanksgiving leftovers. This means that I will probably be sulking in my room for the rest of the night, denying the urge to eat an entire gallon of ice cream or grab the hammer.
I hope you guys are faring better than I am as I try to pull my way out of this downward spiral I seem to be in. My question of the day is: What’s your number one comfort food?