Last night was not a good one for me at all. My mood was low, the morale of my family was low, and then, of course, I had to have one of my moments.
I’m the kind of person who tries to have a generally good attitude about everything, as you may or may not have noticed, but there are days when I crack. Hard. Last night was one of those days.
Picture me, curled into a ball in my basement, on the phone with someone and holding back tears. This someone is a boy named Cameron, who likes me quite a bit, but whenever I have any chance to express a liking towards him, he shakeweights it off like my feelings don’t exist.
I’m not saying a silly boy is the cause of my temporary downfall, no, absolutely not. I’m just saying that it’s not the best thing when Telea is already headed down a path of destruction. This path of destruction was actually kicked off by the realization that I will not have the capability of getting a job this summer, which means possibly not having the funding to make my way to the Minnesota Renaissance Faire.
It was then followed by a hate message from someone I cared about, a five pound weight gain, and an atomic screaming bitchfest from my parents.
Luckily for me, I had my dear friend Lexi talking to me, and she helped me to not make any rash decisions, such as firing a gun into the ceiling or stabbing a fork into someone’s arm. Not that I would do something like that, it just eased the feelings.
It is now Tuesday, and I am looking forward to laying around all day, doing nothing, and possibly doing a second coat of sun on my finally-tanning body.
We are going to attempt a list of five things today, because this gorgeous woman told me she missed that.
Five things you never say to Telea when she is sharing deep personal secrets or feelings.
1. “Oh, stop complaining, my parents are getting a divorce because my dad cheated on my mom.” Really? You’re gonna pull that card? Well, I can definitely see your pain in the reflection of your shiny new Iphone that you got because mommy and daddy felt bad.
2. “Telea, can you just relax once in a while?” What people seem to forget is that Telea is the queen of being adventurous and laid back at the exact same time. When Telea wants to talk about feelings, you fucking talk about feelings.
3. “No one is interested in your little stage performance.” Hrmm, wouldn’t this make anyone just a little miffed? You try to share something that’s meaningful to you, and end up getting shot out of the sky by vicious arrows of ‘no one cares’.
4. “Liar.” Need I explain the frank injustices of this or can you capture in your mind the moment when your entire existance is doubted on a whim?
5. “I know how you feel.” I don’t hate this because I don’t believe you, but because I don’t want you to feel that way also. Get it? I don’t want you to hurt.
Okay, dears, enough with the long blog post, I’ll see you lovers in August.