I love the movie ‘I am Legend’. I’ve probably watched it about a hundred times, even though it scares me a tiny bit (which is actually hard to do) and makes me cry. Poor Sam. Spoiler alert for you idiots who haven’t seen the movie…the dog dies…and then Will Smith’s character dies. It makes me sniffle-sob every time I see it, and so I make myself watch it on a semi-regular basis.
Of course, I haven’t seen that movie in months now, and the last time I saw it, I just saw the tail end, but I’m just bringing it up because I love it so much…and I needed to be a quote thief. I mean, come on, people, do you exist?
Can you believe we’re already like, halfway through March? And I, not blogging half as much as I was hoping to, have fallen into a slighty depression-like slump.
Whatever, we are moving on. I am now a glorious redhead…the kind where people would say:
“There is NO way that is natural.”
It’s amazing. It’s a very bright red at the top and a very purplish red at the bottom (based on the different shades of hair I had), and it took two whole boxes of five dollar hair dye to cover my whole head…yes, I have very VERY thick hair that extends past my shoulders. Got a problem with that?
I have no idea why this is, but I get this whole afterglow from dying my hair, even if it sucks (which it doesn’t this time). For about a week, I feel more happy, more successful, and wayyy more sexy than I did on previous days.
Today, two days after I dyed it, I walked into my school, showing off my beautiful hair and feeling sexier than socks on a rooster. It’s going to be a good day, folks, and I have disgusting chemicals to thank for it. My theory is, if it makes you ridiculously happy, it’s worth the cancer…but that’s just me. I’m not as bad as some, I mean…’We would doing anything to be pretty.”? Really? I think that’s a load of self-esteem and daddy issues and you’re already beautiful.
My list of five is
Five unhealthy things I do to/put in/put on my body to make me feel happy.
1. Hair dye. Any color. Any time. It’s like I went on a date and it went really well. Do I really need to continue? I believe that dying my hair and being happy because of it is a representation of the fact that I so badly want to change. That can be kind of depressing, but the general point is that it makes me happy.
2. Candy. I love candy. Especially Twix bars. I love them. But they are sooo bad for me, and I’ve been working my way off of them, because I want to have a sexy beach body…and, to look sooner into the future…Prom prom prom. I want to look good for prom. The story of an obsessed girl who wants everyone to finally see that she is beautiful is half of a quarter of the story of my life. However, this isn’t so depressing, and if I lose a mere 5 pounds before prom (which is over a month away), I will be content. Ohhh, but Twix bars continue to pull me into the depths of madness.
3. Piercings. Body piercings are not a really great thing, if you really think about it, but in order to get that, as Alice puts it, ‘Oh yeah’ moment, I sometimes feel the need to put holes in my ears (five in left, three in right). As soon as I turn 18, my nose is getting done.
4. Staying up really late and waking up really early. I don’t know, it’s become a habit based on my insomnia, but I think that I do more to support it sticking around than I do to get rid of it. My mother had insomnia for years and somehow managed to cure herself, and that makes her believe that I should also. But, I kind of enjoy being up when everything is still and quiet. I love it in the summer, when I can go sleep out in the horse barn and have freedom (to an extent).
5. Drawing on myself with sharpies. My mom says I’m going to get cancer, I say I’m going to get accepted to body art school or something like that. I love drawing, and sometimes my only resources are a sharpie and my arm. Hey, it’s artistic, and it’s something I love doing…until I get blood poisoning and die a slow gruesome death.
Well, that ended on an incredibly happy note.
I promise I will work hard on posting more funny stuff and less depressing stuff (and just generally posting more).