Sometimes, when my mind is almost ready for sleep, I have to do something to absolutely wear myself out. The icing on the cake of being bone tired. Tonight (or this morning, that is) my solution is posting a blog…most because I feel terrible for the way I have been treating my loyal followers.
I know most of you completely understand that I was sick, so I didn’t post as much as we may have liked me to, but now you know that I am making a serious effortbtowards being the good, devoted blogger who always tries to tend to the needs of her adoring fans…
Today, I went and saw The Lorax. I was so blown away, it was an amazing movie. Before I thank whoever had the idea to turn it into a mobie, I have to thank the dear and departed Dr. Seuss, for making so many amazing and applicable points and putting them in a form that people of all ages can understand. We should truly applaud the genius of this man. I mean, with a line like:
‘Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better…its not.’
We should be giving him a standing ovation right now…and always. But frankly, that movie just was great. I love how it happens to be a really cute story with a serious message: stop cutting down trees and stop being so damn greedy. Really, it’s amazing, but I should be done gushing now.
Another great thing that happened today was that I got two new bras. This is amazing because my two old bras were so far gone that I was literally safety-pinning them to keep them on my body. When it gets to that, they really don’t do much for support.
I really have my mother to thank for all of this. She took my sister and I out, got me bras, bought me dinner (Ohhh, Taco Bell, my fast food romance), and took me to the movies. Kudos to her.
My list of five!
Five things I could be doing right now that are either more productive or better ideas than blogging.
1. Cleaning my room. I couldn’t find my white undershirt today, so I tore all of clothing from everywhere I keep it, and left it on my floor. This will throw my father into a fit of anger when he returns home on Monday night to see that my room is no longer the very image of cleanliness.
2. Running lines. Yes, that’s right, our musical is only a week away, and I am not prepared. Are you disappointed in me, or is that just my nerves talking?
3. Playing my racing game. Hey, come on, I have to beat it, and some things just pull you in. I used to have a PS2, and let me tell you, those were the days right there. I now just have this really cool rscing game on my tablet, and I am addicted. Heyyy, don’t judge me. Damnit! I knew you would judge me for this.
4. Hanging with my sister. She’s home from college this week for spring break, and I could really just be with her right now talking boys, money, and partying. But I said screw that and then shut myself into my room with my new electronic device here. It’s okay, though, I’m sure neither of us mind too terribly.
5. Sleeping…which is what I am going to do just as soon as I finish here. As someone who has a really difficult time even getting to sleep (minor insomnia), I suggest you cherish every second of those tasty dreams and snuggly bed moments. I know I do.
Okay, time for some erotic dreams and tasty man fantasies…all set in the colorful world of the Lorax.