Am I a hopeless romantic? I mean, I feel as if my mood about romance changes every day, depending on what I see and hear and do. Does that make me extremely impressionable? God, all of this time to think has turned me into a goon. Wanna know what last night’s fantasy was?
That a very sweet and attractive man brought me delicious soup.
What is that? I mean, really, what inner recesses of my mind did I have to travel to for that imagery to be brought to mind? Okay, yes, to answer previous questions, I do happen to be a hopeless romantic, but I’m also cynical about love and relationships, and I’m also scared. This is okay when you’re a nearing-eighteen quasi-psychotic nerd.
Am I extremely impressionable? In some senses, obviously. I have happened to choose to follow certain trends, I love putting on makeup (not to make me look pretty, though, just for the artistic value of it), and things people say can impact me really hardcore.
However, I’m not the person who watches two seasons straight of Blue Mountain State (well, yes, I did do that yesterday) and then takes the impression that this is what my college life will consist of (Yeahh, I know I’m not gonna be a sexy underachieving male lead with a crazy best friend and somehow unlimited access to any drugs I can imagine and never suffer the consequences of doing these drugs).
I’m done questioning myself now. My list of five is as follows.
Five days of the week. (Ohh, nooo, it’s a week recap with a wee bit of humor…what’s she trying to do?)
1. Monday. Monday was supposed to be fun, and full of life. I had large group festival coming up (and you know how much I love to sing), and I was on top of the world. I published a blog that was absolutely awesome (that you won’t see until next Monday, I think), and I was just…cool. Other than a runny nose and a sore throat and body aches and a terrible headache and awful-fluffle nonsense that caused me to ring up my mother and say I had to go home. This makes me a total loser, it was also the entrance to my week of hell. Chills, it was like I was the Titanic, because I was sinking under my covers and millions and millions of cells (or, in my mind, people) were dying. Ohh, the cold, the fright, and ohhh, if only it hadn’t been my entire body that hit that damn iceburg because I am in serious agony.
2. Tuesday. In my dream world, I woke up feeling like a million dollars. Wrinkly and old. No, not even my dreams can bring happiness on days like these. Tuesday was a wasteland of ‘maybe tomorrow’s and ‘ohhh god, not the sunlight’. On Tuesday, I was escorted to my village’s local clinic where I tested negative for strep and positive for still getting lots of meds that don’t make you all hopped up and happy. Nooo, this medication wishes to eradicate your illness by eradicating you, as in, the situation only got five times worse when I popped that first little pill.
3. Wednesday. Day of the holy hump-backed whale, humpalicious definition…not even enough energy to attempt a laying-down pelvic thrust, much less make myself food. My parents, convinced that I was healing, told me:
“You are going to school tomorrow, young lady, and let’s hope to God they didn’t recast your part in the musical.”
They don’t even believe in god, and yet they’re praying like the holy heavens that my last good thing doesn’t get ripped away. It’s an attest to how horribly my year has gone.
4. Thursday. Today. What a great day. Woke up early to shower and get on the bus. Except, my shower was more like another bloodbath stemming from the nose and getting on the bus was more like missing the bus and pissing off my father by making him drive me to school. Hell, I didn’t even want to go, and that’s why I’m so complainy today, but, hey, you can’t blame me, even if I happen to be making a crazy-ass run-on sentence to end all run-on sentences. I’m sitting in Study Hall, on a fast decline back to previous states of being that just so happen to include a recap of the previous three days. Thanks, body, but I’ve experienced this particular program enough, so let’s change the channel to rainbows and butterflies.
5. Friday. Can we get a halo around that word? Tomorrow is parent-teacher conferences, so I get a whole day off. What does that mean? If I make it through today, I will have spent exactly a day and a half at my five required days of school this week. I don’t know whether to sing praises that I didn’t have to deal with that hell or yell curses that I was forced to deal with another. Though, I can’t really do either, considering I have almost no voice and I am still dying.
That’s all folks!
As always, I love you, just don’t catch this particular love-bug, because it might be deadly.