My dear readers, I am sooo sorry that I haven’t been up to par on my blogging. Maybe I’ll go on a blog marathon when I’m better and post twice a day for a year or something. Pshhh, naw, I’m not going to do that.
I’m just writing this incredibly short blog to inform you that no, I have not died, though I personally feel as if I’ve come close about a thousand times in the past couple of days. I’m now heavily medicated with antibiotics and fever reducers, and have thus been reduced (no pun intended) to sitting (or laying) on the couch all day.
Our list of five today is…very depressing.
Five different illness-related things that have happened to me in the last 3 weeks. Yes, that sounds good.
1. The constant bloody noses. It’s like my nose is pretending to be my uterus for a day and shedding its lining or something…except…not just for a day…just every time I exert myself any more that usual or take a hot shower. Good times.
2. Strep. Got treated. Don’t worry, I’m just dying.
3. Constant fatigue and body aches. You know that flu that you come home with and you just don’t want to move? Yeah, I’ve been suffering through that every day and only complaining a wee bit. It’s like I’m Santa’s Sleigh and he and his fat ass went on an especially long gift run. Geddit? Cold and sore? Ohhhkay, fine, enough with the metaphors.
4. Insomnia. I mean, more than usual. I lay awake feeling super-duper crappy every night. This does give me time to think…which is pretty cool considering I never have time to think anymore. I’m either too busy with things or too busy drowning out my thoughts with reruns of Supernatural (Ohhh sadness, I’ve finished all of season 6 on Netflix and now must resort to The Walking Dead).
5. Stuffy Nose. Not the average stuffy nose, though. The one where you’re stuck between wondering if there’s boogers in there, or if your nostrils are just growing shut to punish you for absorbing all of those nasty smells over the course of your life. Also, every time I blow my nose, my ears pop and start hurting. Good times.
I am now on a ten day regimen of Doxycycline. Side effects include, but are not limited to, loss of appetite, nausea, sensitivity to sunlight (as in, don’t expose yourself at all over the course of this medication), decreased urination, dark urine, yellowing of skin or eyes, fever, chills, sore throat, unusual tiredness, severe or persistent headache, throat irritation, or vaginal irritation or discharge.
Yeah, sorry, had to give it to you straight. I’m not even going to go into the side effects that warrant you contacting your doctor immediately, they’re just far too gruesome.