Yes, yes, yes, my dears, I was distracted with browsing for free stuff and I completely forgot about my obligation to you wonderfluffle people that I care about sooo much. Needless to say, this blog post may end up on the ‘short and sweet’ side, but hey, at least I’m still almost quality, yeah?
Okay, so I dressed up today. I’ve been doing the doll make-up, with eyeliner on the outer sides of my eyes and not in the inner corners. Then some bright red lipstick and my face is good to go. Specifically today, I’m wearing a very nice pair of pigtails, which I just so happen to adore. My hair is getting so much longer! It’s any exciting thing. But you didn’t come here to hear about how absolutely hot I look, so on to business!
I’ve gotten a couple of questions from a few of my friends who know me really well, and they ask me how I can maintain such a generally upbeat blog when my life sometimes sucks so much. This was almost in direct reference to the day I hurt my back and managed to make a very amusing story out of it. Basically, they are looking for inspiration as to how to stay upbeat even on your worst days.
So, that’s what my list of 5 is about today, and the official title is…
Wait for it…
5 ways to stay upbeat on absolutely shit days.
1. Sing. Of course, this only works for people who love music, and if you can’t sing well (and I mean if you sing like total shit), I suggest you sing quietly to yourself or belt it out where no one can hear you, because you don’t want other peoples’ days ruined, now do you?
2. Ignore what’s getting you down. If you’re trying to have a productive day, and your thoughts are getting in the way, just shove them away for when you get home to your gallon of chocolate chip ice cream and pillow to cry into. What? You’re lactose intolerant, you say? Well, you’re pretty much screwed on this one.
3. Change your appearance that day. If you wake up feeling like you have nothing to live for and you wish you weren’t you…adopt a new look or personality trait for the day. Though this may confuse some of your peers (and I suggest you don’t go too extreme), it may be a great way to get out of your life a little.
4. Wear your favourite comfort clothing. There’s nothing better than wearing something that makes your body go ‘OOhh, that’s good.’ Trust me, when I’m down, I slip into my XXL Wisconsin Badgers shirt and my Budweiser boxers.
5. Pretend, pretend, pretend. Just fake it. Fake fake fake. Smile pretty.