Okay, so again, I lack the creativity or the time to actually write about the news or anything of actual importance. However, it is a Monday, so I feel as if I need to do something to get those creative juices flowing, yeah? It’s so great to be able to just rant and rave and rant and rave etc. and actually have people wanting to pay attention to me.
I doubt this blog will be that funny, but I have said that before with rather positive results, you know, because it actually was pretty amusing. Yes? Yes. I will be doing a list of five today, I just don’t know about what, and I suppose that you might get angry because of lack of progress in the maturity department, but really, I’m trying.
I’ve been so overloaded with so many things, and soooo busy, that I have lacked inspiration to spend a little me and you time. Yes, I may be apologizing to wordpress itself, and not my viewers, that’s a possibility, but really, you guys are all vague and runny anyway. You’re like cute little watercolors by six-year olds. I can’t really tell who you are (or what you are) or why you even exist, but I allow simplicity in my life and I still put you on (or in) my fridge.
“Wait, why would you put a child’s painting in your fridge? Wait, you’re talking about me! Why would you put a freaking person in your fridge?”
Okay, let’s not go to extremes. It was a metaphor that just got a little out of hand, okay?
Okay, so as you may have noticed, I am cutting down a little on the swearing, because, though I really enjoy saying all of these really expletive things, I want you to appreciate me for my ability to write, not my ability to string 50 cusses together beautifully (though I’m capable of both).
I’ve been reading a blog that gets a lot of attention, and that makes me feel bad. I don’t know, I guess I want the little, awesome guys to get attention to, and this is probably based on the fact that I become incredibly jealous when I see someone with 9000 followers, but also based on the fact that I am a blog hipster. I think. Let’s add up the little signs. Oh my, I think we have found my list of five that only applies to me…or…let’s do…
You might be a blog Hipster if…
1. You have a blog. Okay, really, because not that many people have blogs. It IS a rising fashion, but it’s still a little bit obscure, if you know what I’m saying. The general categories are: Cooking, Foreign Exchange, College life, New, Comedy. I’m kinda all off all over the place.
2. You make semi-obscure references to movies that less that 30 percent of the American Population has seen.
“That’s so like Brian in the Breakfast Club.”
Or, you quote a quote from a well known movie that no one really paid attention to.
“Where we’re going, we don’t need Hyphens!”
3. You generally refuse to read the blogs of anyone who has more than 200 followers. I personally browse through many blogs, enjoy many blogs, but only follow the blogs of those people with quality material and fewer followers. I want those little daisies to GROW!
4. You steered away from Tumblr and are on WordPress. Okay, it was stretching it to go to Blogspot, but really. You have a WordPress blog. You may have a Tumblr, sometimes go on your Tumblr, or even link your Tumblr once a week, but the honest truth of everything is…that you prefer WordPress. Who DOES that?
5. You consider your own material to be awesome, and you can’t seem to get your head around the fact that you only have less that 500 followers. I mean, for me, it’s really bad. 29. 29. It’s like that number is teasing me.
“Hey, Telea, I’m almost 30. I’m almost an accomplishment. Hahaha, not yet!”
Hey, it was actually rather refreshing to post my blog. I forgot how absolutely awesome that can be.
Okay, I promise I’ll be back with news and funny stuff for you soon!